Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
“Road to AEW Dynamite, NJ,” hyped Shawn Spears versus Darby Allin, Jade Cargill versus Leyla Hirsch, Bryan Danielson arriving on the scene, and Adam Cole versus Frankie Kazarian. Spears plans to exploit Allin’s weakness as a lonely boy. The impetus for the women’s match was Cargill eliminating Hirsch from the Casino Battle Royale. With a win by Jade, she plans to go after the title. Danielson is excited to show the American Dragon, who is more vicious, more violent, ready to kick heads in and tap people out. Cole will beat Kaz within an inch of his life.
Meanwhile, Kaz has a deep desire to kick the shit out of Cole.
Brian Cage has business with Ricky Starks. Once that is handled, Cage is looking to make a move on Miro for the TNT title. Yes, please. I’ll gladly take two servings of that hoss fight.
After Hirsch was triumphant against skyscraper KiLynn King, Cargill tried to escalate the hostility. Hirsch fired a takedown, but Cargill reversed the fisticuffs to take top position before referees intervened.
That is a prefect use of those YouTube shows for a quick build to enhance the anticipation toward Dynamite. Plus, it gives a reason to care about Elevation and Dark in the future, since stories could be brewing at any time. Case in point, the following two promo packages.
After Big Swole won the Three Strikes match last week by knocking out Diamante, she plans to move up the charts. Diamante isn’t going to let that loss slide. Their bad blood will never be over.
Sonny Kiss is going to show us that Joey Janela is a loser piece of shit. Janela claimed it will be the end of Kiss. Time will tell who is right.
Calling FIFA video game fans. AEW is in the midst of a locker room tournament.
Brandi Rhodes’ cooking show is back with a new episode Thursday.
Chris Jericho’s cruise has added Abadon, Shawn Spears, Evil Uno, Stu Grayson, Jamie Hayter, and Marko Stunt to the list.
Being the Elite
“Catching Up” – Being The Elite, Ep. 273 (here), featured:
- The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega had to explain to the resurrected Adam Cole that they aren’t called the Bullet Club anymore. They also filled Cole in on Cody Rhodes being a reality TV judge and forming AEW. The Elite yucked it up about being three modern day Ric Flairs. Cole wanted to catch up with Hangman Page, but the Bucks didn’t tell him the complicated story. After Cole left, the Elite discussed how to explain to Cole that they are now bad guys. Omega was plotting ways to stay more over than Cole to keep his spot at the top.
- Due to cancelled flights, the Bucks and Brandon Cutler took a road trip to Cincinnati through a rain storm.
- Drunk John Silver was excited to see Anna Jay again. He filled her in on the current Dark Order drama.
- Jungle Boy flipped into the pool.
- 2point0 were snooping in Wheeler Yuta’s bag looking for hair product on how he enhanced his hair to be so black.
- New BTE champion! Matt Lee defeated Marko Stunt in sudden death of 10 rounds of Blackjack. Renee Paquette made her BTE debut by innocently walking in the background.
- In Ryan Nemeth’s latest cream film, he lamented lost love with cream flashbacks.
- Best Friends watched tape of Kris Statlander losing to Dr. Britt Baker DMD. She picked on Yuta and choked him out.
- Dynamite highlights of the Elite with Bryan Danielson coming for Omega.
We’ll close with a cool shirt from Jon Moxley with a modified logo of the Cincinnati Cyclones hockey team.