Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE SmackDown Viewing Party. Tonight’s show comes from the Yuengling Center in Tampa, Florida.
– Tonight’s WWE SmackDown on FOX opens up with a look back at last week’s show. We go backstage to WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns in his locker room suite. Jey Uso and Paul Heyman are also there, watching the replay from last week’s main event with SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Mysterios and The Usos. Reigns is staring at Jey as fans in the arena boo. Reigns says he saved The Usos last week and they owe him. Reigns says one thing he will not stand for is… Jey says, embarrassing the family. Reigns knows Jey understands that, but does his brother? We hear the music of The Usos hit as Reigns looks up at the screen to see Jimmy Uso making his entrance.
– We’re live from the WWE ThunderDome at the Yuengling Center in Tampa, Florida as Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined at ringside by Pat McAfee. Jimmy Uso makes his way to the ring as Greg Hamilton does the introduction.
Jimmy says last week was supposed to be a celebration, they were supposed to be here tonight as two-time SmackDown Tag Team Champions but no, they got robbed. He’s not here to make excuses, he’s spitting facts. Jimmy says first the referee made a bad call but that was cool because they got round two to redeem themselves. They were doing what they do but here came The Head of The Table, putting his nose in their business. Jimmy says Roman Reigns just had to make it about himself, he couldn’t let them have their time. Jimmy feels like Reigns got them disqualified on purpose.
Fans boo as we see Reigns, Jey Uso and Paul Heyman watching backstage. Jimmy goes on, asking Reigns what the point was of attacking SmackDown Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio. Jimmy says he thought about it and the issue is that Reigns is jealous of him, jealous he wants his brother with him, jealous because they want to represent the family too, and hold gold just like Reigns. Jimmy says he sees right through Reigns with all those mind games he’s just trying to tear Jey away from him. Jimmy says he is his brother’s keeper, not Reigns.
Reigns is just staring at Jey in the back. Jimmy promises that tonight he’s going to do something he won’t regret. Jimmy drops the mic as fans cheer him on. He exits the ring as the music starts back up. Reigns is backstage telling Jey that he better take care of this. Jey gets up and walks away as Reigns and Heyman watch him.
Kevin Owens and Big E vs. Sami Zayn and WWE Intercontinental Champion Apollo Crews
We go back to the ring and out comes Kevin Owens for tonight’s opener. His partner Big E is out next. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jey Uso approaches Jimmy Uso and asks him what was up with his earlier comments. Jey agrees that they could’ve won the titles last week. Jimmy says it can’t like this anymore. He asked Jey to go with him and he froze. Jimmy says Roman Reigns is disgracing their family right now. Jey yells back and asks what Jimmy wants him to do, pointing to how Jimmy was out for a whole year and his expenses weren’t cheap. Jey asks again what Jimmy wants him to do. Jimmy tells Jey if Reigns wants to see him, he will be in their locker room. Jimmy walks off. We go back to the ring and WWE Intercontinental Champion Apollo Crews and Sami Zayn are out with Commander Azeez. Apollo starts off with Owens. Owens runs and knocks Sami off the apron, then goes to work on Crews.
Owens levels Crews with an elbow, then runs to the floor and beats Sami up against the barrier. Owens launches Sami into the barrier, then runs back in. Apollo boots him but Owens comes back and drops a senton. Owens rocks Sami off the apron again and follows, sending him back into the barrier. Owens runs right back in but Crews keeps him down and stomps away as fans boo.
Crews beats Owens into the corner and Sami tags in now. Sami unloads on Owens in the corner, beating him down. Sami stands on Owens’ face as the referee warns him. Crews tags back in and hits a suplex on Owens for a quick 1 count. Crews takes it back to the corner and in comes Sami to take back over. Owens fights Sami out of the corner but Sami rams him back in. Apollo tags back in and drops Owens while Sami holds him. Owens fights Crews and ducks, then tags in Big E.
Big E runs in and hits a big overhead throw to Crews, then rocks Sami. Big E with more big throws to Apollo in the middle of the ring. Big E runs the ropes for the splash but Crews gets his knees up as Azeez looks on from ringside. Crews charges into the corner but Big E catches him with the Uranage for a close 2 count.
Crews blocks the Big Ending with an enziguri. Crews with a German suplex to Owens for a 2 count. Big E ends up going for the Spear to send Crews off the apron but he side-steps and Big E lands hard on the floor. We go back to commercial with the heels in control.
Back from the break and Crews ends up beating Big E down in the corner. Crews poses to boos. Big E fights out of the corner but Crews drops him and stops him from tagging. Sami tags in and drops an elbow while Apollo holds Big E down. Sami keeps Big E grounded as fans try to rally. Big E fights up and out but Sami nails a drop toe-hold into the mat. Sami pulls Big E away from tagging again. Crews tags back in and kicks Big E in the back, then drops a big elbow drop for 2.
Crews with a running jumping splash into the corner. He goes for a big crossbody to Big E but Big E rolls out of the way. Fans rally for Big E now. Sami and Owens tag in at the same time. Owens unloads, takes Sami down and mounts him with right hands. Owens stomps away in the corner now. Sami goes to the floor but Owens nails a cannonball from the apron, then a senton on the floor as fans pop. Owens brings Sami back in and nails a big corner clothesline. Owens with a cannonball in the corner. Owens climbs to the top and hits the Swanton but Sami kicks out just in time.
Owens with big chops in the corner now. Owens takes Sami up top but Sami knocks him to the mat. Sami jumps off and tags Crews in. Crews runs into a superkick from Owens. Owens with a Pop-Up Powerbomb to Crews but Sami breaks the pin with a kick to the head. Sami tags back in and grabs Owens from behind. Owens fights him off with back elbows but Sami counters with a big Exploder suplex. Owens kicks out just in time.
Sami comes right back with a Blue Thunderbomb but Big E breaks the pin up. Crews grabs Big E from behind but Big E fights him off. Big E sends Crews over the top rope and they both land awkwardly on the floor. Owens dodges a Helluva Kick and drops Sami with the Stunner for the pin to win.
Winners: Kevin Owens and Big E
– After the bell, we see Azeez checking on Crews at ringside as Owens and Big E stand tall together in the middle of the ring. Sami joins Crews at ringside to recover. Crews brings his title in the ring as fans boo. He tells Big E and Owens to stop on the stage. He asks why are they celebrating because they didn’t beat him, they only won because he was paired with this idiot Zayn. Crews challenges Big E and Owens to another match next week, against he and Azeez. Fans pop as Big E and Owens accept the challenge. The two sides yell at each other. Sami starts talking trash to Crews, calling him a fraud and accusing him of setting him up. Sami says Crews owes him an apology. Azeez drops Sami out of nowhere with the Nigerian Nail. Crews kneels down and taunts Sami. Azeez and Crews stand tall together as we get a replay, then exit the ring together.
– We see Rey Mysterio backstage venting frustration to Adam Pearce. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers plug the upcoming return to touring. Tickets are on sale now for all 25 cities on the tour.
– Cole sends us to a Progressive Match Flo replay of the segments between The Street Profits and Alpha Academy last week. The Profits are backstage now. Chad Gable walks up and is here to apologize for Otis attacking them last week. He thought Gable wanted an apology but he didn’t, and Otis is overprotective of him at times. Gable says as a grand gesture, he got their tag team match nixed tonight. The Profits aren’t happy with that. They know Gable can’t control Otis, but they can and they will take care of him if he crosses the line again. They joke around and Gable says this is their problem, always joking around. Gable says now they’ve gotten themselves back into a match, so which one will be wrestling Gable tonight? The Profits agree that Montez Ford can take the match. Gable says he won’t even have Otis at ringside tonight, only if Angelo Dawkins agrees to stay backstage as well. They agree. Gable says Otis is still angry. He walks off.
– Jey Uso approaches Roman Reigns in the back. Reigns asks where Jimmy Uso is. Jey says Jimmy is out there mad, angry talking, and he doesn’t know where he is. Reigns asks again, where is he? Jey says Jimmy told him that if Reigns wants to see him, he has to go to their locker room. Reigns smirks and asks if The Usos have a locker room now. He asks why Jimmy is doing this to Jey, putting him in the middle and making him the bad guy. Reigns keep laughing at the idea of The Usos having their own locker room and asks if he’s sure it’s not Roman’s Cousins’ locker room. Reigns tells Jey to go tell his brother that he’s coming.
Carmella vs. Liv Morgan
We go back to the ring and Hamilton introduces Carmella as the most beautiful woman in all of WWE. Out she comes for this rematch from last week’s match that saw Liv Morgan take a loss. We go back to commercial as Carmella poses in the ring.