Brain Teaser Questions
- Seven years ago, my sister was twice the age I was then plus two years making her thirty-two, the combined age of us two years ago was fifty-seven, how old am I now?
- Which of the following words is a palindrome: yacht, airplane, racecar, train?
- If some cats are independent and no independent cat is affectionate then which of the following statements is true?
Some cats are not affectionate
Some cats are affectionate
- Which former Great British prime minister is an anagram of ‘random advice’?
- Which of the following is least like the others: Length, Millimetre, Yard, Meter?
- Mia and Tilly have the same amount of sweets each. How many sweets should Mia give Tilly so that she has four sweets more?
- Which letter should appear next in the following sequence: Z B Y D X F W H?
- True or false: the following words correspond to the following number sequence: car, spider, hexagon, unlucky = 4, 8, 5, 13
- If the word EWE is written above the word ZOO and the word TOE is written above the word EWE, would the number TWO appear diagonally?
- MELON is to ENMOL as 83425 is to?
- The word ‘ISPISISPSMI’ is an anagram of a what: plant, ancient wonder, river, sea creature or sporting event?
- You have a journey of 650 miles to make. A full tank of petrol permits you 310 miles. You have exactly half a tank of petrol when you leave and the nearest petrol station is 10 miles away. What is the least amount of times that you will you need to visit a petrol station during this journey?
- Unscramble the following words to create five country capitals:
DAMDIR JEIGINB NAVAHA SLOO MOTSHLOCK
- True or false: your left hand glove will fit your right hand if you turn it inside out?
- If David travels one mile north, two miles west, one mile north, one mile east, three miles south, one mile east, how far will he be from his starting point?
- Which of the following words is most associated with the word ‘intermittent’: continuous, irregular, repetitive, consistent?
- What type of chatter is an anagram of ACTVIEROSONN?
- Fill in the missing letters to find five words directly linked to the following:
TIMES = M_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ TION
ENLARGE = M _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ TION
LEARN = E _ _ _ _ TION
PICTURE = I _ _ _ _ _ _ _ TION
REASON = E _ _ _ _ _ _ TION
- My friend says she has two coins in her pocket totaling £2.05 and that one is not a £2 coin. Is this possible?
- What month was last month if February is in three months?
Powered by Facebook Comments